The Bananas

My grandma bought a massive amount of fruit Friday: 2 bunched of bananas 2 bags of apples, a crate of peaches and over 30 oranges. She bought them for kosen rufu gongyo, which is usually the first Sunday of each month but due to the holiday it is the second this month. The oranges and apples will keep well until next weekend, but the peaches and bananas are impatient. We have had many smoothies and even 2 pans of peach cobbler over the weekend, but today we had banana bread! And it was wonderful. If you told me you tasted a decadent slice of banana bread I would probably direct you to the dictionary, because since when can a fruit loaf taste decadent?? But this one certainly did. Above is the rough recipe, of course my grandmother made her on tricky little substitutions on top of her crude, yet obviously experienced measuring. I know brown sugar and vanilla extract made it into her loaf today, but whose to say when and in what proportions! Oh how I long to be wise and talented in the kitchen.

07 July 2011 by Gina Sophia
Categories: , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...